Learning Design and Technology Minor
Want to make a difference? Then consider a Learning Design and Technology (formerly Educational Technology) minor.As a professional, you may be called to design, develop, implement and assess e-learning programs, informational web sites, video conferencing, educational games, and multimedia. Through a minor in Learning Design and Technology, you can hone your skills designing and developing cutting edge media technology.
Some of the skills include:
- Designing effective training and e-learning programs
- Reaching audiences where they live and work in cyberspace
- Planning and developing educational and informational web sites
- Nurturing online learning and support communities
- Applying instructional design principles to a broad range of opportunities
- Developing workshops using multimedia and video.
15 units -- 6 units required and 9 units elective at the 500-level.
Required (two courses - 6 units):
- LDT 540 - Educational Technology
- LDT 544 - Instructional Design
Electives (Select three courses – 9 units) from the following:
- LDT 515 - Games, Play and Learning
- LDT 525 - Virtual Reality, Imaginary Worlds and the Future of Learning
- LDT 561 - Advanced Multimedia Design for Learning
- LDT 596 - Topics in LDT
*All courses except LDT596 (Consciousness Hacking) hold weekly or bi-weekly Zoom meetings at scheduled course time. Attendance is recommended but not required.
Please email [email protected] if you need more information. We are available to meet by Zoom or phone.