Carole Robasciotti Endowed Internship ScholarshipEligible Majors: Advertising, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations
Application Period: Aug 08, 2016 to Feb 10, 2017 3:00 PM Pacific Time
INDEPENDENT SCHOLARSHIP:All Independent Scholarships require the submission of an online application and a response to an essay topic or question(s). An Independent Scholarship may also require the submission of additional application materials, such as a letter of recommendation or a resume (see ESSAY and ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS at the end of Application Requirements).
E mail and fax submissions of additional application materials will not be accepted. Mailed additional application materials must be postmarked by the deadline date. Late and incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Scholarships with an application period of August through October are awarded for the current academic year. All others, unless noted, are awarded for the next academic year. To receive the funds, you must be enrolled at SDSU during the academic year for which the scholarship was awarded.
APPLICATION:You must submit a separate application for each SDSU scholarship for which you want to be considered.
- All scholarships require an essay. Prepare your essay for each scholarship before beginning the online application process. Prepare your essay in a word processing application and copy it into the online application essay text box.
- Complete your online application by the application deadline.
- Print a copy of your confirmation page for your records.
- If the scholarship requires that you submit information in addition to the application and essay, you will be able to print a cover sheet from your scholarship application confirmation page. Attach the printed cover sheet to your additional application materials and submit to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by the deadline unless specified otherwise (see ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS at the end of Application Requirements). E-mail and fax submissions of additional application materials will not be accepted.
- Applications that are incomplete at the end of the application period will not be considered.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS:
By the deadline, submit to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships the following materials:
ESSAY: Please submit an essay (approximately 500 words) that will enable the scholarship committee to learn more about you. Write about how you will use the leadership skills you have acquired in the College Council (or otherwise) to enhance your internship (or volunteer or work experience), and how participating in this internship (or volunteer or work experience) will benefit you professionally.
- One or more scholarships may be awarded
- Minimum 2.80 overall cumulative GPA
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled full-time
- Each scholarship award will have a value of at least $300
- Recipients must be enrolled in a for-credit internship class OR participating in a volunteer or work experience that is relevant to their major or minor
- Preference will be given to applicants who are members of the PSFA College Council or are demonstrated leaders
- Preference will be given to applicants who are the first in their immediate family to attend a four-year university
- Application period Aug 08, 2016 to Feb 10, 2017 3:00 PM Pacific Time.