Carleton-Hunt InternshipEligible Majors: Journalism
Application Period: Rolling; Students must be enrolled in JMS internship course
THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP:
The School of Journalism & Media Studies will award two $1,500 stipends in 2016 for a paid journalism internship. Internship may be taken in spring or summer 2016.
Mary Ruth Carleton, vice president for University Relations and Development at San Diego State University, and her husband, Bruce Hunt, established the internship fund in spring 2009 in the School of JMS. Before she became a development officer, Carleton spent nearly 20 years in journalism, working as a news anchor or reporter for ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox in five different media markets.
Here are details about how to apply:
- Application deadline: February 5, 2016 by 5 p.m.
- Minimum GPA is 3.0
- Submit a résumé and a 500-word essay describing your passion for journalism and how this paid internship will make a difference for you
- Only full-time journalism majors may apply
- Preference will be given to applicant with financial need
- Recipients must be enrolled in a journalism internship class during the term in which the funds are disbursed
- Attach an unofficial transcript to your application
School of Journalism and Media Studies
Office: PSFA 305