Armen E. Keteyian Scholarship for Investigative JournalismEligible Majors: Journalism
Application Period: Rolling; Students must be enrolled in JMS internship course
Application Requirements:INDEPENDENT SCHOLARSHIP: All Independent Scholarships require the submission of an online application and a response to an essay topic or question(s). An Independent Scholarship may also require the submission of additional application materials, such as a letter of recommendation or a resume (see ESSAY and ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS at the end of Application Requirements).
E mail and fax submissions of additional application materials will not be accepted. Mailed additional application materials must be postmarked by the deadline date. Late and incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Scholarships with an application period of August through October are awarded for the current academic year. All others, unless noted, are awarded for the next academic year. To receive the funds, you must be enrolled at SDSU during the academic year for which the scholarship was awarded.
APPLICATION:You must submit a separate application for each SDSU scholarship for which you want to be considered.
- All scholarships require an essay. Prepare your essay for each scholarship before beginning the online application process. Prepare your essay in a word processing application and copy it into the online application essay text box.
- Complete your online application by the application deadline.
- Print a copy of your confirmation page for your records.
- If the scholarship requires that you submit information in addition to the application and essay, you will be able to print a cover sheet from your scholarship application confirmation page. Attach the printed cover sheet to your additional application materials and submit to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by the deadline unless specified otherwise (see ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS at the end of Application Requirements). E-mail and fax submissions of additional application materials will not be accepted.
- Applications that are incomplete at the end of the application period will not be considered.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS:By the deadline, submit to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships the following materials:
- A resume
- Award amount determined by scholarship committee
- Number of awards determined by scholarship committee
- Minimum 3.00 overall cumulative GPA
- (Undergrad) Full-time enrollment required
- A resume must be submitted
- Preference given to applicants with financial need (as determined by OFAS)
- Recipients must be enrolled in a Journalism internship class during the term in which the scholarship funds are disbursed
- Application deadline: Rolling; students must be enrolled in the JMS internship course by the drop/add date each semester.