Digital and Social Media Studies Minor
The minor in Digital and Social Media Studies consists of 18 units to include:
- JMS 200 - Introduction to Contemporary Media
- JMS 210 - Social Media in the Digital Age
- JMS 494 - Media Law and Ethics
and nine units selected from:
- JMS 375 - Media Technology in the Global Environment
- JMS 489 - Research Methods in Mediated Communication
- JMS 460 - Principles of Advertising
- JMS 300 - Principles of Journalism
- JMS 462 - Advertising Strategy and Social Media
- JMS 440 - Management of Media Organizations
- JMS 480 - Principles of Public Relations
- JMS 408 - Principles of Media Studies
Pre-admission RequirementsAdmission to the minor requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and completion of Journalism and Media Studies 200 and 210 with grades of C (2.0) or better in each course.
Courses in the minor may not be counted toward the major, but may be used to satisfy preparation for the major and general education requirements, if applicable. A minimum of six upper division units must be completed at San Diego State University.