- Engage with the community
- Communicate ethically and professionally
- Understand global diversity
- Think and reflect critically
- Embrace technology to serve the public good
The School of Journalism & Media Studies envisions a global society where citizens are engaged in their communities; where media professionals are ethical and committed to diversity and inclusivity, and embrace technology to serve the public good; and where people from all backgrounds think critically about the media.
To prepare students for the society we envision for tomorrow, while modeling today the values of community engagement, ethical professionalism, diversity in a global world, critical reflection, and technology in service of the public good.