Piloted in Spring 2014 and funded initially by alumni donations, the media agency functions as a student-run media firm while teaching students to create their own media companies. Named the Arrow Media Group by its founding members, the agency serves a diverse portfolio of clients and executes on client needs in the areas of public relations, advertising, integrated marketing, and digital/social media. Spring 2014 clients included:
- RAD-LAB, an architectural group spearheading the Quartyard project in the East Village of San Diego
- Cedros Avenue in Solana Beach, featuring many fine art galleries, shops, and eateries
- The Agency, a creative group in San Diego
- Professional Certificate in the Business of Craft Beer in the SDSU College of Extended Studies
- SDSU Children’s Center
- SDSU X-Team, finalists in the $10 million Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE competition for creating a futuristic device that may revolutionize healthcare.
Two of these student-run campaigns—- Cedros Avenue in Solana Beach and SDSU Children’s Center—- won Edward L. Bernays Awards from the San Diego/Imperial Counties chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.